Reunions 2021 – May 20 – 23, 2021
I wish I could tell you I already started packing a suitcase, carefully folding my tiger-striped impulse buy shirts and orange pants and faux tiger fur Birkenstock knock-offs (they exist, and yes, I do own them). I wish I was sending you pictures of our courtyard in Whitman with 1996’s signage perched at the top of the Reunions fencing.
The day will come when I can prove to you in person that I own more garish tiger paraphernalia than any human should, but unfortunately, that day is not imminent. However, Steve Reed and I are determined to work with our beloved alma mater to deliver on our promise: We will have an on-campus gathering for our 25th Reunion. We just need to wait a bit longer for it.
In the meantime, we have a lot of fun plans for this week, and we hope you will join us for them.
• Steve has provided a schedule of Reunions activities. We kept class-specific events minimal on purpose with the intent of focusing our efforts on an in-person gathering TBA as soon as possible and safe.
*Please Note: Our 25th Reunion Class Jacket will be revealed at the Class Zoom on Saturday, May 22, with appearances by special guests!*
• Would you be willing to welcome a new Princeton grad to your city? Our child class, the Great Class of 2021, will graduate this Sunday, May 16. They are so very grateful for the hoagies we sent them, and now as they head off into the world, they are hoping to find friendly faces in their new cities. If you are interested in helping welcome ’21s to your area, please complete this form and we will connect you!
• We have a collaborative 25th Reunion Playlist on Spotify! Please don’t delete any songs, but you can add your faves, save, and download!
• A few more Reunions goodies:
Zoom backgrounds – including our reunion logo and class banner – are now available for download!
Social Media Tools – Check out the new Princeton Reunions GIPHYs and Facebook frames, and follow @princetonalumni on all the social channels and use #PrincetonReunions when you’re posting photos and videos
Take it or Leave It – show off your favorite (or least favorite) Princeton memorabilia for Reunions Online! Post a photo, a short description, including where it was collected and any fun facts to showcase your possession, prized or not. Every Princeton memento has a colorful (orange and black!) story.
• Have we made class leadership look amazing and fun? Let me know if you would like to hold a class leadership position for the next five years! Contact me ASAP @ email@example.com
• It’s not too late to make your 25th Reunion AG gift! Here is the link to show the class and our beloved alma mater some love.
Finally, the big question…
Where are our jackets?!
Despite the best efforts of the intrepid members of our 25th Reunion Class Jacket Committee – who worked through national holidays, Senate confirmation hearings, and personal vacations – COVID-related global supply-chain issues have delayed the delivery of our class jackets.
However, our jackets are AWESOME and they are in production and will be shipped and delivered to you, we hope, in early July. We will update if there is any change in that plan. But we do hope you will tune in Saturday the 22nd to see the big reveal! They are going to look great at our TBD in-person gathering.
HUGE thanks to Blair Blackwell, James Weiss, Sheldon B. Lyke, Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, and Teddy Gongaware Martin. They have gone above and beyond, and no one is as excited to get these jackets into your hands as they are. Thank you for your service to the class (and the nation, and all humanity).
Recently, I was in the rare position of talking to high school seniors deciding whether or not to choose Princeton for their undergraduate education. The bottom line, I told them, is the people they would meet at Princeton and the incredible support of Tiger alumni is unmatched. Tigers show up, stand up, and lift up other Tigers. That is what sets Princeton apart.
As a result, Princeton really is wherever you are – and I can’t wait to see you all this weekend.
On behalf of your class officers, your 25th Reunion Committee, your Annual Giving leaders, and Princeton, happy 25th, ’96. We look forward to sharing orange moons, hot cheesesteaks, cold Blend-Ins, long beer lines, muggy P-rade afternoons, crowded dance floors, and brilliant firework displays again with you ASAP.
Tiger, tiger, sis, sis…
Allison Slater Tate, Class President
Steve Reed, 25th Reunion Chair