Class Jacket Sizing Instructions
Below are our recommended measurement methods in order of preference. Whichever method you chose, you should print the size chart and circle the measurements you get as you follow the instructions. This will help ensure you order the right size.
- If you have already have a blazer that fits well, we recommend using garment measurements (see pictures in the size guides below). Note that these photos are of the class of 92 jacket – not ours!
- If you don’t have a blazer that fits well – and you are able to in a COVID-safe manner – consider visiting a tailor/seamstress and ask them to take your measurements.
- To take your own measurements at home, follow On-Body (on-skin) measurement instructions (see diagrams below).
- If you still don’t know your size and have had a problem buying jackets in the past, please feel free to leave a note in the comments section when you order, and we will help you find your optimal size.
Whichever measurement method you choose, please keep the following in mind:
- Please do NOT just order a size because it is your normal size. This sizing scale may not be reflective of what you are used to wearing. Do the measurements! (Trust us, it’s worth it).
- This is a modern trim fit blazer, so if you want to have a roomy jacket, go up a size for comfort. For example, if you buy a Joseph A. Bank suit in 40 Reg, we might suggest ordering a 41 Reg or 42 Reg for your 25th reunion jacket.
- Remember, you will have this jacket for a long time, so plan for the future when sizing your jacket. If you’re concerned that your size may fluctuate over the years, consider buying 2 different sizes (yes, lots of people do this!).
- If you plan to tailor your jacket, it is much better to order a larger size and take it in.
- While there is selvage fabric at the seams inside the jackets – you will be able to let out the jacket on the sides and lengthen the sleeves – but we don’t recommend it.
Please click here to download detailed sizing guides for both women and men.
To return to the ordering page, click here.