This year we’re offering the opportunity to buy additional fabric.
Why buy fabric, you ask? Because surrounding yourself with your 25th Reunion is an opportunity that shouldn’t be missed. And, with a little creativity, almost anything is possible. 25th Reunion throw pillows? Scarves? Pajamas? Let your imagination be your guide!
We’re selling both base cloth and lining by the yard. The base cloth is 98% cotton / 2% elastic, and it’s your likely go-to for most items. However, the lining – which is 90% polyester / 10% acetate – could be fun too.
Here’s some rough guidance from our manufacturer on how much you might want to buy:
- To make an entirely new Adult Jacket: 3 yards of base cloth + 1.5 yards of lining
- Dress Shirt: 2-3 yards
- Pants*: 2.5 yards of base cloth + 1 yard of lining
- Wall Banner: 2-3 yards (base cloth or lining)
- Kids Jacket: 1-3 yards of base cloth, plus 1-2 yards of lining, depending on size
- Scarf: 1 yard
- Belt: 1 yard
- Tie: 1 yard should yield 2-3 ties
- Vest: 2 yards of base cloth, or 1 yard of base cloth + 1 yard of lining
- Throw Pillow: 2 yards of base cloth should yield 3 pillows
- Tablecloth: 2-3 yards
- Handkerchiefs: 1 yard should yield 7-10 handkerchiefs
- Mask: 1 yard should yield 12 masks.
- PJs: 3 yards
* Note that the base cloth fabric might not make great pants, as the weave isn’t really tight enough. Similarly, socks and hats won’t work well, as they require some elastic.
Base cloth will cost $17.50/yard, and lining is $10/yard. The minimum order is 1 yard. (If you’re uncertain how much base cloth vs. lining to buy, a ratio of 2:1 base cloth / lining is pretty safe.)
If you’ve ordered a jacket, the fabric will be shipped along with your jacket in early May (select this shipping option). If not, shipping and handling is $25 for domestic, $50 for international.
As always, direct any questions to email@example.com. Please get your fabric orders in by February 28th!